Hello dear nail art lovers!

Welcome back to my Concept nail art column to admire some amazing wedding nails. For the big day every detail matters and nails are a crucial part of a bride's look. Classic wedding looks go for plain pastel colors or the always appropriate white tip. The examples of wedding manicure we will admire together in this post are more or less on the bolder side with acrylic lengths, 3D decoration and crystal sparkle. My favorite bridal nail designs include French manicure and crystals. Pastel pink is also a beautiful base for wedding nail designs.

Acrylic French manicure with crystals as seen on thewasonline.com

Acrylic French manicure with crystals as seen on thewasonline.com

Pastel pink wedding nails with crystals and acrylic flowers at the Nails Magazine

Pastel pink wedding nails with crystals and acrylic flowers at the Nails Magazine

Acrylic pink French manicure with 3D decoration as seen on fashionclothingguides.com

Acrylic pink French manicure with 3D decoration as seen on fashionclothingguides.com

If brides really want to make a statement with their nail design on the big day, whites, roses and crystals should leave to make room for black, gold and lace. Look at this bold and uncommon wedding nail design created by Nail Art Studio PlusG.

wedding nail design created by Nail Art Studio PlusG.

wedding nail design created by Nail Art Studio PlusG.

Stay tuned for my wedding nails tutorials column. I will show you how to create your wedding nail designs with easy bridal nail art tutorials. I am sure they will have a major effect you will love :)

Inspiration:

Vintage wedding reception by Brandon Kidd

Vintage wedding reception by Brandon Kidd


Thanks for reading and see you soon!.

Hello nail beauty lovers!

I am happy to share with you this mat blue crystal manicure. It is a rather different Christmas nail design inspired by dark blue and silver Christmas decoration.

To create it you will need a few crystals in addition to nail polish. Tip! You can get such sparkly stones in your local haberdashery or crafts supply store. They usually stock various shapes and colors you can use for your manicure projects as easy as special nail art supplies.

Blue and silver Christmas nails

Blue and silver Christmas nails

Blue and silver Christmas nails

Blue and silver Christmas nails

Blue and silver Christmas nails

Blue and silver Christmas nails

First, paint your nails dark blue, leaving your ring and middle fingers clear.
I chose a dark blue shade as I believe it beautifully complements silver color. Other fingers will be colored in different shades to add intrigue to this nail art :)

Then, paint your ring fingers white and your middle fingers silver.
For my middle fingers I chose a liquid sand formula. I love how it adds extra texture to this design making it look like stylish Christmas decoration. You may choose to use a silver glitter, a holograph, a metallic shade or any silver color you love, I think it will look great with these options too.

Then, add a mat top coat to all nails, except liquid sand ones.
Mattifying your nails will tone your nail design down a bit which is perfectly OK, as you will be adding some crystals and you do not want to overdo the sparkle. Tip! Plus, crystals will adhere better and will stay longer on a mat surface.

Last, add a line of crystals to your ring fingers
I used two different sizes of crystals to match my nail length. You can play with stones a little before you adhere them just to make sure they fit your nails. Tip! I do not use some special glue to stick details to my nails. Instead, I use a tiny drop of clear top coat and pres the crystal down. Hold for few seconds to make sure the clear polish has dried. This technique works great with all kinds of details and does not require specific supplies to do your nail art.

Products:
Dark blue: Essence Colour&Go collection, Hard to Resist, number 76
White: Essie Blanc
Silver: Rimmel London Space Dust collection, Shooting Star
Mat top coat: Flormar Perfect Nail Matifying top coat
Glue: Rimmel London 3D Plumping top coat
crystals

Inspiration:

Beautiful blue and silver Christmas decoration

Beautiful blue and silver Christmas decoration

Beautiful blue and silver Christmas decoration

Beautiful blue and silver Christmas decoration

Beautiful blue and silver Christmas decoration

Beautiful blue and silver Christmas decoration


Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!.

Posted by NailCentric & filed under Tutorials. This post has no comments yet.

Hello everyone!

As promised in my Glam it up! with Zendaya post, I will share with you how I recreated this beautiful monochrome nail design. I did not give up my nails shape for the sake of this tutorial but still like the result. This manicure is easier to do than it may seen, so read on.

Zendaya Replay nails

Zendaya Replay nails

Zendaya Replay nails

Zendaya Replay nails

First, paint your left hand nails black and right one's white.
This is a monochrome design and black and white are the base colors it is built upon.

Then, use a makeup sponge to create a gradient effect.
Left hand ring and index fingers should have white gradient tip. Right hand ring and index fingers will have the opposite gradient effect, their tips should be black. I used a regular makeup sponge to create the gradient. This is my favorite gradient nails tutorial:

Ombre sponge nails by Sheknows

Ombre sponge nails by Sheknows

Add the Replay sign on middle fingers.
This was the hardest part to me because of the circle shape, but I came up with an idea. Tip! Use a needle to dot out the replay sign. Gently push the needle into your base color, it will leave tiny marks you can use for a guiding line. Then trace this line with a striping brush using the opposite color – black for white nails and vice versa.

Add the word 'replay' to your thumbs.
If you are good with both your hands and you can write with them, add RE to your left thumb and PLAY to your right one in opposing colors. Personally, I am right handed and I cannot write with my left hand. Tip! I decided not to ruin the design at the last step and added the ► sign to my right thumb, it is basically a black triangle :) Call it cheating but I think this design looks fabulous even that way!

Last, add a top coat
Finish off with a gel look top coat. It will seal the design and smooth out the rougher areas, especially gradient. It will also make your work last so that you can show it off.

"Replay" is Zendaya's second single which hit the charts on July 16th 2013, taking its highest position of number 3 hit in US Hot Dance Club Songs. Her manicure for the video shoot was created by ES nail LA, the studio Zendaya trusts for her nails.

Products:
Black: Essie Licorice
White: Essie Blanc
Top coat: Rimmel 3D plumping top coat
Striping brush

Inspiration:

Zendaya Replay nails on disneydreaming.com

Zendaya Replay nails on disneydreaming.com


Thanks for reading and see you soon!.

Posted by NailCentric & filed under Celebrity nails, Tutorials. This post has 2 comments.

Hi dear nail art lovers!

Today I want to share with you some thoughts on top coat and how it can change your nail art for the better. There are many top coats out there designed to give you all kinds of effects and finish. In my personal collection here are always these three must have tops I cannot live without. I will not go into the obvious positive sides of taking two more minutes to apply a top coat to your design. I will just give you the three best top coats which have outscored all products I have tried.

The long wear top coat
If you, like me, need your designs to last long and even get you through the whole work week, then a clear long wear top is essential. I prefer thinner formulas which will not take too long to dry and will not load onto your design. Also, I sometimes apply and extra top coat few days later to freshen my design and make it last another day or two. This is one of my tricks to prolong nail design life. Stay tuned for my other magic tricks on this topic :) My choice for a long wearing clear coat is L'Oreal Paris Resist and Shine base&top coat 2in1. It is a multi-purpose product that can be used as a base too but I use it as a clear top coat only. It gives manicure great longevity and durability.

L'Oreal Paris Resist and Shine base&top coat 2in1

L'Oreal Paris Resist and Shine base&top coat 2in1

The FAT and top coat
Very often designs require some layering of color, different textures, some rough techniques like sponging, etc. Such designs desperately need a fat top coat to smooth them out and make the whole nail art appear consistent but not patchy. For these occasions a gel look clear top is your precious piece. I prefer my gel look coat to have a large brush so that I can apply it with only one stroke. This is so because some polishes tend do smudge if topped with another texture and you do not want your detail, and time you put in to create it to be wasted for the wrong top coat formula. My winner in the fat clear top polish category is Rimmel Finishing Touch 3D Plumping top coat. It has a large brush, dries fast enough and is perfect to smooth out rough designs.

Rimmel Finishing Touch 3D Plumping top coat

Rimmel Finishing Touch 3D Plumping top coat

The mat top coat
I am a huge fan of mat top coats as they actually double your color collection. Every color out there can be topped up with a mat formula. This gives you freedom to create different nail art effects without having to spend out on a collection of mat colors. All you have to do is just take your favorite polish and apply the clear mat over it. Look out for my Shine vs Mat nail art design! My best clear mat is Flormar Mattifying Perfect Nail top coat. It takes only one coat to mattify all colors polishes I have tried it with. It is also budget friendly.

Flormar Mattifying Perfect Nail top coat

Flormar Mattifying Perfect Nail top coat

Inspiration:

3 best to save the day

Powerpuff Girls save the day

Powerpuff Girls save the day by dig.do


Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!.

Posted by NailCentric & filed under Everything nails, General nail talk. This post has one comment.

Hello everyone!

Christmas is approaching and holiday spirit is all around but I am already looking for spring 2014 nail color collections. I cannot keep my love for Dior Triannon nail polish set only to myself so welcome back to my column for anticipated and inspiring nail products that are about to be released!

What is Trianon?

Trianon pastel palette is inspired by the private castle of Marie-Antoinette, the famous Qween of France in the 18th century. The château is named Petit Trianon and is created on the grounds of the magnificent Palace of Versailles.

Dior Trianon spring 2014 nail colors

Dior Trianon spring 2014 nail colors

Trianon collection features four nail colors – three delicate pastels and a pearl finish polish to complement Dior's spring 2014 makeup concept. Porcelaine is a sky blue color, a beautiful pastel to match the spring sky Bloom is a vibrant deep pink color Bouquet is a subtle coral Perlé is a pearl finish lilac shade Trianon makeup collection is to be released in January 2014  in Japan and later that month a United states launch is about to follow. International release is planned for February 2014 when collection will hit major beauty stores. I got all images from chicprofile.com.

Dior Trianon spring 2014 makeup colection

Dior Trianon spring 2014 makeup colection

Dior Trianon spring 2014 makeup colection

Dior Trianon spring 2014 makeup colection

Dior Trianon spring 2014 makeup colection

Dior Trianon spring 2014 makeup colection

Inspiration
Dior chose Russian model, actress and photographer Daria Strokous to be Trianon's face.

Russian model, actress and photographer Daria Strokous is Trianon makeup collection face

Russian model, actress and photographer Daria Strokous is Trianon makeup collection face

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!.

Posted by NailCentric & filed under Everything nails, Review and Preview. This post has 3 comments.

Hello everyone!

I am so happy to share a monochrome manicure I recently created.

What is monochrome?
As per Wikipedia description, monochrome is, in short, art in one color or shades of one color. Our nail design is black and white. Well, it features some grey and maybe should be called grayscale, but enough with technical detail and let's move on to nail art!

monochrome fashion

Monochrome fashion trend and a great article at Terriface terriface01.blogspot.com/2013/07/this-season-trend-monochrome.html

Monochrome was a leading fashion trend for spring/summer 2013 season and is most likely to be leading in 2014 fashion charts too. Black and white designs are easy to color match and you can be sure they go perfectly together and also complement almost any outfit. For my design I chose variety of patterns and finishes to create this scrapbook like look which is very typical for monochrome nails. The difficulty level of monochrome nail art depends solely on your choice. You may go very simple with just alternating color and finish, you may choose one pattern and repeat it in both colors for some or all nails or you may choose something a bit more complex. Personally, I wanted a very fast design and this is how I ended up with my monochrome nails.

Monochrome nail art design

Monochrome nail art design

Monochrome nail art design

Monochrome nail art design

Monochrome nail art design

Monochrome nail art design

DSC_5280 First, paint some of your nails white and some of them black
Personally, I painted two fingers in grey because I needed a quick manicure. I chose a liquid sand polish for its textured finish.

Then, leave some fingers in original color and with no design
It is up to you which and how many nails to leave black and white. As these colors carry the whole design out, it is perfectly OK to show them off.

Last, paint with white over black and vice versa
I went lazy for my design so I chose the 3 patterns I recreate most easily – dots, zebra and stripes.
Dots: I've shared I do my dots with a wood cuticle pusher stick, using its tip. You can use any tool you prefer – a pin, a bobby pin, a dotting tool. My favorite step by step polka dots tutorial using a pin head is in my comic book nail art post.
Zebra: My favorite zebra step by step tutorial is in my color block zebra post. Stripes: I do free handed stripes. Thick stripes are easier than thin ones as you do not have to worry for every little hand tremble. If you do not feel steady handed, you may try to outline your stripes with tape as in this stripes with tape tutorial by Jezebel. Personally, I do not like the tape result better than the one I get with my hand.
Everything else I left to finishes and nail polish effects. I used a mat top coat on a white and a black finger to and black crackle nail polish over white to create graffiti effect. As mentioned, I used grey liquid sand for my textured nails. And that's it :)

Products used:
Black: Essie Licorice
White: Essie Blanc
Grey: Rimmel Space dust Shooting star
Mat: Flormar matifying top coat
Crackle: Perfect Graffiti collection, black

Thanks for reading, I hope you and enjoyed!.

Posted by NailCentric & filed under Tutorials. This post has 3 comments.

Hello dear nail lovers,

Welcome back to my Manicure Essentials column, dedicated to vital nail products other than nail color.

Nail art is a beautiful hobby but it can damage natural nails by drying them, making them brittle and make them look exactly how they are – unhealthy. There are certainly a lot of products out there designed to nourish and soften cuticles, strengthen nails and simply give them back their healthy look. I have tried many but there is one magical remedy which does all the tricks for my nails and at the same time is natural and cheap.

Castor oil! Rich in essential fatty acids, castor oil has had two huge benefits to my nails.

Hydrate and nourish
Pure cold pressed castor oil does magic to nail cuticles leaving them soft and well hydrated. Cuticle appearance is one of the main factors to determine if your hands will look maintained or sloppy.

Strengthen
Castor oil strengthens nails, but keeps them flexible and thus it is easier to grow your manicure at the length you prefer. For a month of use you will notice that your bare nails look buffed, are strengthened, their tips will be white and flexible.

Natural nails

Natural nails

I include a photo of how my bare nails look right now:

How to use?
What I do is simply rub some castor oil in cuticles and bare nails, then go to sleep and allow it to soak in. If you are in a hurry but still want to benefit from this simple nail mask, you can leave it on for a shorter period but be careful to remove all castor oil residue before applying your color. Otherwise, it won't stick to your nail and will peel off once dry.
Inspiration:

Healthy nails as at the-collectiveonline.com Tips for healthier and stronger nails

Healthy nails as at the-collectiveonline.com Tips for healthier and stronger nails


Thanks for reading and see you soon!.

Posted by NailCentric & filed under Manicure tips. This post has one comment.